The Masked Singer UK confirms this year's finalists...

The Masked Singer UK confirms this year's finalists...

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:16 am

Who are ya? Who are ya?

Another double elimination unfolded in this weekend's (February 10) The Masked Singer UK semi-final.

Following the unmasking of Nicky Campbell and Melody Thornton last week, it was time for Eiffel Tower, Bigfoot, Piranha, Air Fryer and Cricket to state their case for a place in the grand finale.

Having enjoyed her version of Anastacia and Big Fish's hit song 'I'm Outta Love', the studio audience voted for Air Fryer to leave the competition first, and out popped Keala Settle.

Best known as The Greatest Showman's Lettie Lutz, Settle dodged the keen eye of judges Jonathan Ross, Mo Gilligan, Rita Ora, Davina McCall and Lorraine Kelly, as names like Whoopi Goldberg, Pitch Perfect's Rebel Wilson and Jennifer Hudson were all mentioned.

"Their faces! I can't cope, that's hysterical," she told presenter Joel Dommett of the panel's response to her unveiling.

"We all rather like it when none of us get it right because you've done such a good job at disguising your voice," replied McCall.

"[Wearing the outfit] was a massive learning experience and it was a game-changer for me, I feel so pleased and privileged to be able to do it," Settle went on to share.

Later on in the show, it was time for Eiffel Tower to go home.

'I Think We're Alone Now' hitmaker Tiffany Darwish appeared from beneath the costume, having been incorrectly identified as Lindsay Lohan, Tracy Chapman and Debbie Gibson.

"I have had a blast, thank you so much it's been so great. Thank you all," she commented, "I love Eiffel Tower, she's so beautiful."

Congratulations to our 2024 finalists Piranha, Cricket and Bigfoot!

The Masked Singer returns for the grand finale next Saturday (February 17) on ITV1 and ITVX.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)