Dancing on Ice eliminates third celebrity...

Dancing on Ice eliminates third celebrity...

Postby dutchman » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:29 am

Yet another celeb has skated off the ice

Dancing on Ice has eliminated its third contestant from its 2024 series, with Claire Sweeney exiting the show during Dance Week (February 4).

In a return to the show's regular format from last week, the classic skate off returned, with Comedian Lou Sanders and pro skater Brendyn Hatfield facing off against the eliminated celebrity, as both pairs scored the lowest combined mark for this week's routines.

The skate-off, which comprised a new routine from both pairs, resulted in judges Jayne Torvill, Christopher Dean, Ashley Banjo and Oti Mabuse choosing to save a pair each.

Ashley, Oti and Christopher all chose to save Lou and Brendyn, making Claire and pro partner Colin Grafton the third pair to skate off the rink for good.

Ashley said that his decision was based on saving the person with the "stronger skating content," with Oti adding that she felt Lou had "more content," and was "getting better."

Christopher emphasised just how close his decision between the pair was.

Following Claire's elimination, the Coronation Street star, who was forced to make a last-minute routine change following a rib injury, reflected on her time on the show.

She said: "I've absolutely loved it, and I just want to say a huge thank you to Karen, Dan, to Sharon the physio and her team, Marcus in make-up and this man [Colin] of course, to everyone.

"I'm really relieved [my son] Jaxon's in the audience and not in the kitchen watching me get eliminated, so I'm really pleased he's here. Thank you."

Elsewhere in the episode, former Love Island star Amber Davies and pro partner Simon Proulx-Sénécal achieved the highest score of the series with their Cha Cha Cha to Sway — Michael Bublé – the pair were awarded 34.

And, to top it all off, host Holly Willoughby announced that next week would see two couples leave the rink in a double elimination.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)