Strictly Come Dancing confirms 2023 finalists

Strictly Come Dancing confirms 2023 finalists

Postby dutchman » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:07 pm

"It’s been the most life changing and extraordinary experience of my life"

Strictly Come Dancing has announced the tenth celebrity to be eliminated from the competition following the latest dance-off, which saw two couples compete for a spot in the final.

Last night's (December 9) episode saw our four remaining celebrities perform and, following the judges scores and public vote, Bobby Brazier and Dianne Buswell faced Annabel Croft and Johannes Radebe in tonight's semi-final dance-off.

After three out of the four judges voted to save Bobby and Dianne, Annabel and Johannes have left the competition, meaning Bobby has made it to next week's final along with fellow finalists Layton Williams and Ellie Leach.

“Well, one dance was flashy, one dance was quiet. I think both couples have equalised completely," said Craig Revel Horwood.

"I saw improvement in this one couple and based on this dance and nothing in the past but this dance alone, the person which I think had the most exquisite technique is Annabel and Johannes."

Saving Bobby and Dianne, Motsi said: "Well, first of all I have to say this was a really tough one tonight, I think both couples danced really well, and after the dance off I stood there for a few seconds.

"Making my decision, there was one dance where there was a slight hesitation at a turn, one slight hesitation was the decision, and I will be saving Bobby and Dianne."

Also saving Bobby and Dianne, Anton du Beke said: "It was a very close run thing and literally because of a coming out of a pivoting section wasn’t as clean as they would have liked and I would have liked, I’m going to be saving Bobby and Dianne.”

With two votes to Bobby and Dianne, and one to Annabel and Johannes, Head Judge Shirley Ballas had the casting vote and chose to save Bobby and Dianne.

Following the dance-off, former professional tennis player Annabel said: "It’s been the most life changing and extraordinary experience of my life. I have to congratulate Bobby and Dianne and all the contestants that took part in it. But obviously, it’s been an amazing, magical experience for me.

Thanking her professional dance partner Johannes, she added: "Johannes, you have been absolutely extraordinary. You have given me a reason to get out of bed and come and dance with you, distract me and to heal me. I can’t thank you enough for that. You have been so patient, so caring and so loving. You are an unbelievably special human being. I simply adore you. Thank you so much."

"My life is richer with you in it. I hope we dance long after this has ended. You know my heart and I just want to tell you thank you Annabel," Johannes added.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)