Strictly Come Dancing announces ninth celebrity elimination

Strictly Come Dancing announces ninth celebrity elimination

Postby dutchman » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:29 am

The quarter-finalists have been revealed

This weekend saw the competition heat up as the six remaining Strictly Come Dancing couples took to the dancefloor in a bid to make it to the quarter-final. But while one partnership moved the judges to tears with their emotional routine, it was time to say goodbye to the ninth couple of this series.

After the judges' scores were combined with viewer votes, TV presenter Angela Scanlon and her partner Carlos Gu found themselves dancing for a place in next week's Musicals special against Bad Education star Layton Williams and Nikita Kuzmin.

Layton and Nikita took to the floor first to perform their American Smooth to 'It's Oh So Quiet' by Björk. Angela and Carlos then fought to impress the judges one more time with their Cha Cha to 'I Will Survive' by Gloria Gaynor.

The judges voted 3-1 to save Layton and Nikita, meaning Angela and Carlos have left the competition.

"Technically, for me personally, the better dance of the night, and the dance I actually enjoyed the most, was Layton and Nikita," said Craig Revel Horwood.

Also saving Layton and Nikita, Motsi Mabuse said: "Well this was certainly a tough, tough dance-off. I based my decision on musicality and balance and that is why I will be saving Nikita and Layton."

"Well, I thought that was quite a tense dance-off, I don't think either couple danced as well as they can. It was the closest dance-off we've had in the series so far. This is the only thing, I saw an error from one of the couples, so I'm going to vote to keep in to the quarter-finals, Layton and Nikita," said Anton Du Beke.

Head judge Shirley Ballas revealed that she would have voted differently, saying: "Well, important for me always when it comes to Ballroom and Latin is the character of the dance, that it's true to the dance, timing and quality and I would have voted for Angela and Carlos."

Speaking to Tess Daly about her elimination, Angela shared how much she's enjoyed her Strictly experience. "It's honestly been incredible, I'm gutted, really gutted that it's finished now, but it has been the most wonderful experience," she said.

Paying tribute to her professional partner Carlos, she added: "I have made the best friend in this man. We have had so much fun, he is such an incredible guy. He has supported me and picked me up and made me laugh so much.

"I don't know what to say, it's been magical honestly — all of those people up there! My husband at home, my two little girls and all my friends!"

Meanwhile, Carlos gushed over his partner, revealing how proud he is of how far she has come in the competition.

"Her commitment and her strength every day, day by day — I'm a professional dancer and she works so hard, harder than me! Look at her now — I am so proud, her sense of humour and we had so much fun everyday — she cracks me up laughing!"

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)