Strictly Come Dancing's Bobby Brazier has judges in tears after emotional routine dedicated to mum

Strictly Come Dancing's Bobby Brazier has judges in tears after emotional routine dedicated to mum

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:28 am

"You danced it from your heart"

Strictly Come Dancing star Bobby Brazier honoured his late mother Jade Goody with a sublime Couple's Choice routine tonight (November 25).

Dancing to Maxwell's 'This Woman's Work' with professional partner Dianne Buswell, the EastEnders actor explained in the VT: "For me the perfect song. He sings, 'I should be crying but I just can't let it go'. It's so beautiful. The story that we're gonna tell, simply put: my mum and I.

"My mum was Jade Goody, she was a famous TV personality and she became a household name. She passed away when I was just four, it changed my life completely. I'd love to spend a day with her just to see where I get my smile from..."

Touched by Brazier and Buswell's latest performance, head judge Shirley Ballas was seen holding a tissue, admitting: "I'm getting all emotional," before complimenting the "most beautiful, true movements through the body because you danced it from your heart".

She finished off her analysis by crowning it "by far your best number to date".

Next to Ballas, a choked-up Anton Du Beke told the pair: "Sometimes you just wanna be able to speak without using any words... and I thought you did that beautifully tonight," while the Strictly cameras picked out Brazier's dad Jeff Brazier in the crowd.

Joining co-host Claudia Winkleman at the top of the stairs, the contestant seemed lost for words before reflecting on how "blessed" he felt.

"I'm so blessed. I've got beautiful friends, I've got beautiful family, I'm here. I've got a beautiful partner. I get to dance to my favourite song and make people feel a story because we felt the story. It's something I'll never forget," the soap star smiled.

Brazier and Buswell earned a judges' score of 37.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)