Strictly announces seventh celebrity to be eliminated from 2023 series

Strictly announces seventh celebrity to be eliminated from 2023 series

Postby dutchman » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:06 am

"I said it has been life-changing and it genuinely has"

Strictly Come Dancing has announced the results of its latest dance-off, as the 2023 series prepares to head to Blackpool.

When the judges' scores and viewer votes from Saturday night's (November 11) episode were combined, Krishnan Guru-Murthy and Lauren Oakley found themselves in the dance-off alongside Angela Rippon and Kai Widdrington.

Both pairings performed again for the judges, who voted 3-1 to save Angela and Kai, meaning Krishnan and Lauren have left the competition.

"Well, Krishnan you really upped your game in that dance off, it was magnificent. Angela, you nearly lost your supporting leg, darling, in the kick but you saved it, miraculously," said Craig Revel Horwood.

"But the couple that I would like to save and go through to Blackpool is Angela and Kai."

Also saving Angela and Kai, Motsi Mabuse said: "To be honest I've never been so undecided in my decision, I've been going back and forth, back and forth.

"In the end I've decided for fundamentals and technical level, so I will be saving Angela and Kai."

"Well also I thought both couples danced very well – it was a super dance off, if there is such a thing," said Anton du Beke.

"But just for the cleaner technique really, and the more recognisable fundamentals, I'm going to save Angela and Kai."

Head judge Shirley Ballas confirmed that she would have voted differently, saying: "Well, I picked the person that I felt was more grounded on their feet without any technical errors and I would have saved Krishnan & Lauren."

Following the dance-off, Channel 4 News anchor Krishnan said: "Look, this has been the most incredible experience. I said it has been life-changing and it genuinely has.

"I am incredibly grateful to the entire production team, judges, my incredible Strictly family up there. It's right I am going out this week and I have got to get back to life."

Paying tribute to his professional dance partner Lauren, who was competing with a celebrity on the show for the first time, he added: "The thing that has made Strictly really special is Lauren. She is the most incredible teacher, partner, friend.

"She is the real Strictly star and I am so delighted I am the first partnership you have had. She is going to go a long way and I am very proud of her."

"I couldn't have asked for a better first dance partner, it has been an absolute dream," said Lauren. "This guy is what Strictly is about – from not having danced a step 8 weeks ago and you just danced that samba!

"I had an absolute ball every single week. You taught me so much as well, I am so grateful and it will be in my memory forever, and we will keep dancing."

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)