Strictly Come Dancing announces sixth celebrity elimination

Strictly Come Dancing announces sixth celebrity elimination

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:25 pm

"I've had an amazing time from start to finish"

Two weeks ahead of Blackpool, this weekend saw the remaining Strictly Come Dancing couples give us fireworks on the dancefloor. But while one partnership received 39 points for their dazzling routine, it was time to say goodbye to the sixth couple of this series.

After the judges' scores were combined with viewer votes, soap star Adam Thomas and his partner Luba Mushtuk found themselves in the dance-off against broadcaster Angela Rippon and Kai Widdrington.

Angela and Kai took to the floor first to perform their elegant Waltz to 'Fascination' by Nat King Cole. Adam and Luba then fought to impress the judges one more time with their romantic Rumba to 'Dancing On My Own' by Callum Scott.

All four judges (Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse, Anton Du Beke and Shirley Ballas) unanimously voted to save Angela and Kai, meaning Adam and Luba became the sixth couple to leave the competition.

Speaking to Tess Daly about his elimination, Adam shared how much his Strictly journey has meant to him.

"Seven incredible weeks, what a journey it's been. I honestly thought I was leaving in week two, and the fact that I've got this far, I'm so proud of myself. I've had an amazing time from start to finish. I came here to learn how to dance, and I've learned so much more about myself," he said.

"The confidence and self-belief I now have in myself, it's out of this world, I have to thank all these guys [castmates] up here. What a bunch to be on this journey with. I'm just very, very lucky!"

He also paid tribute to professional partner Luba and spoke about wanting to prove to his children that it's the taking part that counts, saying: "I know my kids are at home now probably crying, it's okay — Daddy's okay! I just wanted to teach my kids that it's not just about winning or losing, it's about taking part and doing your best."

Adam then added: "[To Luba] I just want to say thank you to this one and I'm sorry, I wanted to get us to Blackpool!"

Meanwhile, Luba gushed over her partner, revealing that getting to know him and his family over the series had been a great privilege.

"Don't be sorry, you are incredible. I had the best season," she began. "Just to get to know you, your family and kids, it's been much more than just a dance show. You're the winner of my heart forever, and it's better than a trophy."

Adam and Luba finished at the joint bottom of the leaderboard alongside TV presenter Angela Scanlon and Carlos Gu after scoring 27 points. This week also saw Ellie and Vito top the leaderboard again and featured a "perfect" Couple's Choice by Annabel and Johannes, who paid an emotional tribute to her late husband, Mel Coleman.

Elsewhere, the results episode included a jaw-dropping professional routine choreographed by former Strictly dancer Oti Mabuse and a performance by Swedish pop sensation Zara Larsson, who sang her new single 'On My Love'.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)