Strictly Come Dancing announces fifth elimination...

Strictly Come Dancing announces fifth elimination...

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:59 pm

"I have had the time of my life"

The long-running dancing reality competition has seen the remaining celebrities and their pro partners make it to the sixth week of the show – but while one partnership received a standing ovation for their routine, it was time to say goodbye to the fifth couple of the series.

After every couple danced a spooky, Halloween-themed number and the judges' scores were combined with the viewer votes, Zara McDermott and Graziano Di Prima found themselves in the dreaded dance off against Adam Thomas and Luba Mushtuk.

Adam and Luba performed their American Smooth to 'Magic Moments' by Perry Como, followed by Zara and Graziano taking to the floor once more to dance the Charleston to 'Jeepers Creepers' by Al Donahue.

All four judges voted to save Adam and Luba, meaning that Zara McDermott has become to fifth celebrity to be eliminated from Strictly.

Speaking to Tess Daly about her elimination, the former Love Island contestant said: "I have had the time of my life. Just to be here is incredible. Thank you to the judges and my amazing partner obviously.

"My fellow contestants are just incredible. It has been the most amazing experience. I can’t believe it’s over but I am going to be here in spirit every week supporting them.”

When asked if he had any words, Graziano gushed over his partner:

"She is literally what Strictly is all about. A real novice, coming in, putting all the hard job. You have such a good soul. You are so humble and I say thank you that I found a friend like you.

"I have learnt so much from you. And your hard work within six weeks. You have never danced before. I am so proud of you. So proud of you."

The results episode also featured a performance from the Strictly professionals inspired by Wednesday Addams and a musical appearance from pop legend Rick Astley, who sang his new single 'Forever and More'.

This week also saw Ellie Leach and Vito Coppola top the leaderboard for the first time – and Amanda Abbington step away from the competition.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)