Strictly’s Layton Williams gets a standing ovation after backflip in heels

Strictly’s Layton Williams gets a standing ovation after backflip in heels

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:46 am

"A theatrical triumph!"

Strictly Come Dancing star Layton Williams got the first standing ovation of the night on Saturday’s (October 28) live show after pulling off an impressive stunt.

The Bad Education actor performed a thrilling Tango with his partner Nikita Kuzmin for Strictly’s Halloween Week.

The routine, to Olivia Rodrigo’s 'Vampire', ended with Layton doing a backflip in high heels which left the studio in awe.

As the performance drew to a close, the live audience in the Strictly studio were on their feet congratulating the dance duo.

Host Tess Daly was also stunned by the stunt as she remarked: "That backflip from standing… and your wig’s still in place!"

Layton also received high praise from the judges with Motsi Mabuse describing him as "extraordinary".

"My heart is still beating at such a rate," she confessed. "I am like, 'Oh my gosh'. The first standing ovation of the night. That is the biggest applause you can get."

"You entertain me. You entertain my soul," Motsi enthused. "When I watch you there’s just beautiful things that I love.

"I love seeing things I’ve never seen on Strictly. I love that you know you’re talented but you’re still pushing your boundaries. You’re still going."

Similarly, Craig Revel Horwood gushed over the routine declaring it a "theatrical triumph". "I loved, loved, loved it," he exclaimed.

Head judge Shirley Ballas also delivered some positive critiques, saying: "I think you are an exceptional dancer. I think everybody knows that. You’ve got all the tricks, you’ve got the highlight."

However, she suggested Layton needed to work on his footwork to be able to fully perfect his performance.

When it came to the scores, Layton and Nikita’s dance received 9s across the board with a total of 36 points.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)