Strictly Come Dancing's Amanda Abbington withdraws from show

Strictly Come Dancing's Amanda Abbington withdraws from show

Postby dutchman » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:26 pm

The Sherlock star missed last weekend's show

Amanda Abbington has withdrawn from Strictly Come Dancing.

It was revealed on Monday (October 23) that the Sherlock star would not be returning to the BBC One competition show after missing last Saturday's (October 21) episode.

The news was confirmed on Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two, as co-presenter Fleur East read an official statement from the show live on air.

"Amanda Abbington is unable to continue in Strictly Come Dancing and has decided to withdraw from the competition," a spokesperson said.

"The show wishes her all the best for the future."

After a highlight package aired, Fleur mentioned that the everyone at the Strictly team were sending Amanda "all of our love".

On social media, Giovanni penned a message directly to his partner: "Amanda .. I am so sad we can’t continue but I am proud of what we achieved and I am sending you so much love."

This past Friday, Strictly: It Takes Two co-presenter Janette Manrara confirmed that Amanda would not be able to compete due to "medical reasons".

"Strictly Come Dancing protocols mean that all being well, Amanda and [pro partner] Giovanni [Pernice] will return the following week," Janette explained at the time. "We hope you get well soon my love! Sending you all the best wishes."

Amanda and Giovanni had previously downplayed media reports about an on-set rift by sharing supportive messages for one another on Instagram in late September.

The actress had shared a photo from rehearsals along with a note that she was in "safe and hugely talented hands" while the pro dancer insisted he was "extremely proud" of Amanda's progress.

In their first four weeks in the ballroom, Amanda and Giovanni were among the highest-scoring couples throughout the series thus far.

Their final dance in Week 4 saw the pair receiving an impressive 31 out of 40 for their Foxtrot, with Craig Revel Horwood praising their "absolutely gorgeous" form and Anton Du Beke singling out Amanda's "beautiful" head positioning.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Strictly Come Dancing's Amanda Abbington withdraws from show

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:08 am

Amanda Abbington's fiancé posts cryptic message following exit

The fiancé of Sherlock star Amanda Abbington has posted a cryptic message on Instagram, following her withdrawal from Strictly Come Dancing.

On his Instagram Stories, ex-stunt performer Jonathan Goodwin shared a photo of an iceberg, along with the message: "When you see an iceberg, you could be forgiven for not realising just how much is below the surface.

"The same is true of people. Don't be quick to judge a person or situation if you don't know what's below the surface."
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Strictly Come Dancing's Amanda Abbington withdraws from show

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:19 am

I love the way the show is now all about her!

Living up to her character from the series Man Stroke Woman:

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)