Dancing on Ice reveals third contestant for 2024 series...

Dancing on Ice reveals third contestant for 2024 series...

Postby dutchman » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:45 am

"I'm really excited about learning a new skill"

Dancing on Ice has confirmed the third celebrity contestant to take part in the 2024 series. Former S Club 7 star Hannah Spearritt will take to the ice for the hit ITV show, which will return to screens early next year.

The singer and actress was announced for the line-up today (September 28) whilst appearing on Good Morning Britain.

"I'm really excited about learning a new skill," Hannah told GMB presenter Richard Arnold.

She also revealed her reasons as to why she chose to take part in the upcoming series: "It's so easy to live your comfortable life and that aspect of mixing things up is very appealing. Fitness is another reason why I'm doing it! It's really exciting."

In February, Spearritt and her S Club 7 bandmates confirmed they were reuniting for a special tour to mark the group's 20th anniversary. However, the pop star later pulled out of the tour following the death of fellow band member Paul Cattermole in April.

Spearritt is the third celebrity confirmed for the celebrity skating competition, with Brookside and Coronation Street actress Claire Sweeney and world champion boxer Ricky Hatton MBE previously announced.

Further cast announcements are expected to follow soon, with 12 celebrities usually signing on to appear on the show.

The hit skating show will return to ITV1 and ITVX in 2024 – although ITV hasn't confirmed who is hosting following Phillip Schofield's departure from the channel. Holly Willoughby is expected to return to the series, though it remains unknown if the This Morning presenter will be joined by a co-host or not.

In addition, ITV has yet to officially confirm the judging panel for 2024, but we may expect the return of skating legends Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean alongside Diversity star Ashley Banjo and Strictly Come Dancing's Oti Mabuse.

Dancing on Ice will return to ITV and ITVX in early 2024.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)