Celebrity MasterChef confirms last semi-finalists...

Celebrity MasterChef confirms last semi-finalists...

Postby dutchman » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:48 pm

Who would make it through?

Celebrity MasterChef confirmed its last semi-finalists for the 2023 series, with the heats now fully completed.

Last night’s (August 25) episode saw Luca Bish, Amy Walsh and Apl.de.ap battle it out for the final two spots in the next round, with the trio having 75 minutes to cook two courses.

Judges John Torode and Gregg Wallace weren’t the only ones who needed to be impressed, however, with former contestants John Partridge, Judi Love and Melanie Blatt forming a star-studded panel.

After the dishes were prepared and subsequently consumed, it was time for the final decision by John and Gregg. The pair opted to eliminate Apl.de.ap, meaning Amy and Luca progressed to the next round.

"I'm a bit sad but I had a great time," said the Black Eyed Peas member following his elimination. "I'll sign up again - you never know."

"MasterChef semi-finalist — it feels great. As you can tell, I'm happy," said Walsh, who plays Tracy Metcalfe on Emmerdale. Luca, who made his name on Love Island, added: "At first I wanted to take it as it comes, but this competition gets to you. I want to go as far as I can."

Amy and Luca joined Marcus Brigstocke, Mica Ven, Max George, Shazia Mirza, Wynne Evans and Jamelia in the semi-finals, which will take place next week.

With a month of heats now completed, it seems a lifetime ago that Richie Anderson became the first celebrity to be eliminated, with the radio presenter comparing his experience to his time on Strictly Come Dancing.

"I think that Strictly is a pussycat compared to Celebrity MasterChef and I never thought I'd say that," he revealed. "On Strictly you've got your professional partner who's there to hold your hand.

"If anything goes wrong you can turn to them. On MasterChef, it is just you, your pinny and a prayer. When you make that walk with your dish to John and Gregg, you're shaking," he added.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)