Phil Tufnell bowled from Strictly

Phil Tufnell bowled from Strictly

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:08 am

English cricket legend Phil Tufnell is the latest star to leave Strictly Come Dancing after losing the dance off to East Enders' actor Ricky Groves.

Comedian Ronnie Corbett took Bruce Forsyth's place on the evening's show after the veteran host was incapacitated by flu.

Athlete Jade Johnson was unable to dance in the show after suffering a knee injury in the dress rehearsal.

Actress Laila Rouass was also injured and unable to finish her rumba.

Former England and Middlesex bowler Tufnell said he had "enjoyed himself" before taking to the floor for the final time with his professional dance partner Katya Virshilas.

Loud sound

Corbett said Forsyth had phoned him at 2200 GMT on Friday and asked him to step in. He copied Forsyth's catchphrase "Nice to see you, to see you nice".

He also promised that the 81-year-old Forsyth would return to the show next Saturday.

Both Johnson and Rouass were left in tears after their respective injuries meant they were unable to dance their routines.

Johnson's knee "popped" when she tried to get up after dancing during the dress rehearsal and doctors advised her to rest and get treatment.

"I heard a loud sound and straight away felt pain," she said.

She added: "I just feel I'm letting everyone down. I really want to dance."

Rouass, who had tripped on stairs, was warned dancing would be painful but vowed to go on "even if I have to hop".

But the pain forced her to halt her rumba part-way through, meaning the judges were only able to mark her on half of the routine, placing her at the bottom of the leaderboard.

Votes from the viewers managed to see her through to next week's show.

Tufnell is such a 'legend' I've never even heard of him? :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Phil Tufnell bowled from Strictly

Postby pollyanna » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:39 am

He shot to fame in I'm a Celebrity (the rubbish is back on tonight) and it seems he's never looked back since. It seems now that to re-invent yourself you just appear on these 'reality' shows with other 'z' list celebs and you're laughing all the way to the bank :(
pollyanna

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)