Celebrity MasterChef eliminates next contestant

Celebrity MasterChef eliminates next contestant

Postby dutchman » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:49 am

Who would feel the heat?

Celebrity MasterChef has aired its latest heat, with one contestant exiting the kitchen after a tense battle.

Tonight’s (August 17) episode saw Jamelia, Leon ‘Locksmith’ Rolle, Samantha Fox and Wynne Evans compete for a place in tomorrow’s quarter-final.

After three separate challenges, judges John Torode and Gregg Wallace elected to send Samantha home, meaning the remaining three all progressed to the next round.

"No problem – I've learnt so much," said the singer and former glamour model following her exit. "Thank you so much to my team. I'm OK, I really am – I really feel privileged. My mum is going to be amazed that I could multitask and that I wasn't so messy."

"You've probably seen the best of me – I've probably peaked but who cares? I'm a quarter-finalist," said Locksmith of his progress, whilst Jamelia added: "I'm absolutely over the moon – my cheeks are hurting.

"I've made it this far, unbelievably, so why can't I be a semi-finalist?" she continued, before opera singer Wynne said: "I thought I'd be gone on day one. I'm absolutely thrilled and beside myself – I've got myself another day so it's great."

Earlier in the episode, the quartet engaged in the Pairs Challenge, with each team having to cook identical dishes from just one copy of the recipe, which was given to the team leader.

This was then followed by a stint in the professional kitchen, before returning to the MasterChef studio to prepare dishes based on the style of a food van.

Samantha follows Cheryl Hole in departing the competition from this heat, with the drag artist being eliminated in last night's episode.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)