Celebrity MasterChef eliminates next contestant

Celebrity MasterChef eliminates next contestant

Postby dutchman » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:03 pm

Who would feel the heat?

Celebrity MasterChef revealed its quarter-finalists from the second heat, with four celebrities battling it out for three spots.

Following Dave Benson Phillips’ elimination last night, tonight’s (August 10) episode saw Max George, Terry Christian, Remi Burgz and Shazia Mirza participate in three challenges for judges John Torode and Gregg Wallace.

After the dishes had been cooked and sampled, the pair decided to end Remi's time in the kitchen, with the remaining three progressing to tomorrow night’s quarter-final.

"I'm sad to go but I've really enjoyed this experience," said the comedian following her exit. "I feel like I definitely enjoy cooking more now than I did before entering. I'm going to look at a utensil with pride – I'm going to use you more."

The beginning of the show saw the quartet split into pairs, with the first challenge requiring each team to cook identical dishes from only one copy of the recipe, with the team leader having to relay instructions to their partner.

Shazia and Terry struggled with the challenge, with the judges noting that they failed to cooperate and work together. Remi and Max, however, got along swimmingly, receiving praise for their near-identical plates.

The action then moved to professional kitchens, with Terry and Max plying their trade in a Thai restaurant to mixed results. Shazia and Remi seemed to fare better, with the latter impressing the head chef.

Following their progress to the next round, Terry, Max and Shazia will compete for two spots in the semi final, joining Marcus Brigstocke and Mica Ven who progressed from last week’s heat.

Other contestants in the series include Dianne Buswell, Jamelia, Luca Bish and Samantha Fox.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)