Strictly Come Dancing completes line-up with fifteenth contestant

Strictly Come Dancing completes line-up with fifteenth contestant

Postby dutchman » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:08 pm

"It's been so hard to keep the secret"

Strictly Come Dancing has confirmed TV presenter and entertainer Les Dennis as the final celebrity to join this year's line-up.

The Family Fortunes star was announced as the fifteenth and final contestant joining the Strictly Come Dancing 2023 cast today (August 11) on ITV's Good Morning Britain.

"It's been so hard to keep the secret, but then, you know, we have to," Dennis said of his Strictly news on the show.

GMB Presenter Ben Shepherd responded: "Not just because you also, a few weeks ago, actually tweeted it as well, by the way."

Dennis laughed and explained his small Twitter blunder. "Well, what happened was the Strictly producers ask you to send a playlist of songs you might like. So, I tried to, and I'm totally hopeless at social media and all that stuff.

"So, my daughter put my playlist together and put 'Strictly Les Dennis', and I sent it to my agent by email, but must have done a fat finger mistake and pressed Twitter at the same time."

The TV personality shared his delight at taking part in the show, especially in this milestone of a year for the star.

"I’m thrilled to be doing this iconic wonderful show as I approach my 70th birthday!", said Dennis in a separate press statement. "In my career, I've always gone for challenges outside my comfort zone and this is the ultimate one! Can't wait."

Dennis is the last star to be confirmed for the hit BBC dancing competition, with Casualty star Nigel Harman and tennis legend Annabelle Croft both announced as contestants yesterday.

This year’s line-up includes several stars of the small screen, from Coronation Street star Ellie Leach to Sherlock actress Amanda Abbington, EastEnders actor Bobby Brazier, plus Emmerdale and Waterloo Road star Adam Thomas.

Journalist Angela Rippon, news anchor Krishnan Guru-Murthy and BBC Asian Network breakfast show presenter Nikita Kanda will also be waltzing their way onto the dancefloor.

They'll be battling it out with Paralympian Jody Cundy, Love Island's Zara McDermott, Bad Education star and West End actor Layton Williams, TV presenter Angela Scanlon and comedian Eddie Kadi.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)