Strictly 2023 confirms EastEnders star as 12th celebrity contestant

Strictly 2023 confirms EastEnders star as 12th celebrity contestant

Postby dutchman » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:10 am

"It's going to be so much fun!"

Strictly Come Dancing has announced the 12th addition to its 2023 lineup of celebrity contestants.

EastEnders star Bobby Brazier will be taking to the dancefloor this autumn – the news was announced on BBC Breakfast this morning.

"I'm so excited to be part of the Strictly line up, I can't wait to start training like a professional dancer and adding a few moves to my locker," said Bobby.

"I'm looking forward to performing in front of everyone, it's going to be so much fun!"

The model and actor joined EastEnders for his first major TV role in 2022 as Freddie Slater, the son of Little Mo.

Freddie is currently at the centre of a major storyline on the soap, having recently learned the truth about his father Graham's despicable past.

Bobby was the third celebrity confirmed in just under an hour on Wednesday morning (August 9) – along with Coronation Street star Ellie Leach and Paralympic champion Jody Cundy.

"It still doesn't feel real that I'm going to be doing Strictly!!" said Ellie, adding it had always been a dream of hers to appear on the show.

Jody said he's "excited to be welcomed into the Strictly family and throw myself head first into the world of ballroom dancing".

This year's celebrity lineup so far also includes Emmerdale and Waterloo Road's Adam Thomas, BBC Asian Network breakfast show host Nikita Kanda and Love Island's Zara McDermott.

They will be joined by Sherlock actress Amanda Abbington, Bad Education star and West End actor Layton Williams, TV presenter Angela Scanlon, journalist Angela Rippon, news anchor Krishnan Guru-Murthy, and comedian Eddie Kadi.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)