Strictly confirms Love Island star for 2023 line-up

Strictly confirms Love Island star for 2023 line-up

Postby dutchman » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:24 pm

"It’s going to be incredible"

Strictly Come Dancing has announced another famous face for the 2023 contestant line-up, and for the first time ever they’ve cast a star from Love Island.

Confirming the seventh celebrity set to compete on the BBC dance show this year, Strictly revealed Zara McDermott will be waltzing her way onto the dance floor.

Her casting was announced live on BBC Radio 1 on Monday (August 7) with former Strictly star Vick Hope and I'm a Celeb's Jordan North sharing the news.

Having first shot to fame in 2018 on the fourth season of Love Island, McDermott has gone on to appear in Made in Chelsea and more recently fronted a collection of BBC documentaries.

"I am so excited to be joining the world of Strictly! I grew up watching it every year with my nan and she was the biggest Strictly fan," McDermott said. "We would dance around the house and I have such fond memories of that time in my life.

"I even remember the first ever series, and being mesmerised by all the beautiful dresses! I can’t wait to throw myself into this experience and start training. It’s going to be incredible."

McDermott joins an already star-studded line-up for season 21 of the long-running celebrity dance contest.

TV presenter Angela Scanlon, Sherlock actress Amanda Abbington, journalist Angela Rippon, Bad Education star and West End actor Layton Williams, news anchor Krishnan Guru-Murthy, and comedian Eddie Kadi have also all been confirmed in the official Strictly cast.

More stars are expected to be announced in the 2023 Strictly line-up over the coming days.

:rolling:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)