Strictly Come Dancing announces sixth celebrity for 2023 contestant line-up

Strictly Come Dancing announces sixth celebrity for 2023 contestant line-up

Postby dutchman » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:20 pm

"It turns out I'm not good at keeping a secret"

Strictly Come Dancing has announced the sixth celebrity to join the 2023 contestant line-up, with Angela Scanlon ready to take on the dance floor challenge.

The TV presenter, best known for hosting Your Home Made Perfect on BBC Two, is the latest name to sign up for the upcoming series, which is set to premiere on the BBC this autumn.

Scanlon's participation was shared by Gaby Roslin on BBC Radio 2, who was filling in for Zoe Ball on her early morning breakfast show.

"I'm Angela Scanlon and I'm doing Strictly," she told Roslin live on air.

Asked how she was feeling about doing the show, Scanlon replied: "Terrified and excited, it turns out I'm not good at keeping a secret. But it's also very real all of a sudden."

Roslin recalled how Scanlon admitted to her back in 2016 that she'd love to take part on the hit BBC One dancing show.

"Be careful what you wish for," Scanlon joked. "If only I started practising then."

"It's been kind of in the ether for a number of years and we've been close," Scanlon continued, explaining that the timing hadn't been quite right previously in terms of work and her family – she has two young children.

"It just felt right this year and I believe in feelings and timing and all of those sorts of things," she said. "I'm not particularly fit, I've no idea how my pelvic floor is going to react to that amount of jumping.

"I've never done any of these dances in real life. It certainly feels like there is room to learn."

Scanlon previously teased a big announcement via Instagram, with her followers yesterday (August 6).

"Breaking my social media holiday ban to tell you that TOMORROW I’m going to tell you something BIG!!! I know. I'll be on @bbcradio2 with @gabyroslin & I think I might burst. ANY IDEAS?!?," read the caption, alongside a video clip of Angela relaxing on a beach.

Scanlon will join fellow celebrities Amanda Abbington, Angela Rippon, Layton Williams, Krishnan Guru-Murthy, and Eddie Kani on the dance floor for the 21st series.

More Strictly Come Dancing 2023 cast members are expected to be confirmed in the coming days.

Strictly Come Dancing and Strictly: It Takes Two will return to the BBC this autumn.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)