Coventry woman set to appear in Channel 4's Strangers on a Plane

Coventry woman set to appear in Channel 4's Strangers on a Plane

Postby dutchman » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:29 pm

Shonni Chahal, 24, from Coventry, is set to appear on a new travel programme on Channel 4

A Coventry woman is set to appear on a brand new travel programme on Channel 4. Shonni Chahal, 24, from Canley, is making her debut TV appearance in a new series called Strangers on a Plane.

The Come Dine With Me-inspired format will see five travellers handed a budget to entertain their companions for 24 hours. The programme will follow the holidaymakers as they take turns to organise holidays during a week-long getaway in sunny Portugal.

They will be responsible for decisions including accommodation, dinner plans and evening activities. At the end of the week, the group will vote on who planned the best day out - with the winner enjoying another week in the sun with a friend or family member.

The show, which was filmed in September, is set to be aired later in March. Shonni, who works full-time as nurse, was one first student nurses to qualify working on the frontline at the start of the pandemic

Shonni said the experience allowed her to get out of her comfort zone appearing on national TV for the first time. She told CoventryLive: "I went out there not knowing anyone. Each of us had a day of the week and we had to give the group the best holiday.

"I was really excited to go. The other four strangers all had TV experience and I was the only newbie!"

"It was a little nerve-wrecking at first. I was the first to be filmed as well. I was a bit nervous but when the cameras came at me I felt like I was born to do it. I felt quite natural."

Shonni said she has done a lot of travelling of the years which she felt had prepared her for the show. "I travel quite a lot, so I was quite comfortable going away by myself. I quite like to meet new people and have new experiences," she said.

"I feel like I'm quite a confident person as well. I feel like I did quite well in filming considering I was the only one that's never been on television before.

"Come Dine With me is a very popular show, and this is quite similar to it with a bit of a holiday twist. It's season one and I feel like it's going to be a very popular show just like Come Dine With Me, if not more.

"Viewers can watch us make a fool of ourselves, almost like Brits abroad! We're doing crazy activities that we pick for each other, and judging each others choices on accommodation, food and activities. It gets really hilarious."

Sharing her top tips for organising the best holiday, Shonni said: "Everyone has a different idea of what their dream holiday is. Some people like to chill, some like to be more active.

"The best is to have a mix of relaxation and activities, that would be an ideal combination."

Strangers on a Plane will be on our screens from March 20.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Coventry woman set to appear in Channel 4's Strangers on a Plane

Postby dutchman » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:31 pm

I feel like it's going to be a very popular show just like Come Dine With Me

The only reasons Come Dine With Me is popular are the fights and the sarcastic voiceover. :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)