The Masked Singer UK announces 2023 winner

The Masked Singer UK announces 2023 winner

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:36 am

Did their identity go undetected?

Busted singer Charlie Simpson was unveiled as the champion of this year's edition of The Masked Singer UK on ITV tonight (February 18).

Hidden beneath the wild-west Rhino suit and accent, he gave several showstopping performances across the grand finale, including a duet with The Masked Singer alumnus Gabrielle.

"I was terrified the entire time, because the thing I was most scared of was remembering lyrics," he admitted to the panel of Rita Ora, Jonathan Ross, Mo Gilligan, Davina McCall and Lee Mack upon winning.

"I often forget lyrics to my own songs on stage."

Asked by presenter (and self-confessed fanboy) Joel Dommett whether he ever envisioned The Masked Singer glory, the musician replied: "No! No... it was just like, 'Remember the lyrics and have fun.'"

Meanwhile, earlier on in the show, Fawn was revealed to be All Saints' very own Natalie Appleton after entertaining the studio crowd and viewers at home with an Aled Jones collaboration.

"I genuinely thought you were Shania Twain," laughed Mo in the aftermath of her unmasking, before Davina pointed out: "You had us all absolutely flummoxed. That is quite something, so well done!"

"Thank you very much," Natalie came back with. "I loved thrilling you guys, it was such a buzz! I've had the best time ever, it's been amazing. I do recommend it."

Finishing as the runner-up of the series was Ricky Wilson from rock band Kaiser Chiefs.

Having shared the stage with a returning Denise Van Outen in her Fox costume as Phoenix, the 'Ruby' hitmaker was informed by Davina: "I think you sound like Michael Bublé, I think there's like a career in swing..."

"The swing album will be available by Christmas," Ricky joked, while also commenting on the infectiousness of the competition itself.

"You really wanna win it!"

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)