The Masked Singer UK unveils this year's three finalists...

The Masked Singer UK unveils this year's three finalists...

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:45 am

Two contestants were shot through the heart

It was semi-final time on The Masked Singer UK tonight (February 11), meaning two contestants had to fall at the penultimate hurdle.

Jacket Potato, Fawn, Phoenix, Rhino and Jellyfish sang their hearts out as always in front of the judging panel; Jonathan Ross, Rita Ora, Mo Gilligan, Davina McCall and guest Peter Crouch, with next week's grand final beckoning.

Eliminated first was Jon Bon Jovi's legendary lead guitarist Richie Sambora (Jacket Potato), before Glee's Amber Riley stepped out from beneath Jellyfish later on.

Speaking to presenter Joel Dommett in the aftermath of his unveiling, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer was asked what it was like going from stadium gigs to life as a spud.

"It took a little getting used to, but once I put [the costume] on that was it," he replied.

"It's a wild reality when you do this show, it's a gas. Everybody has treated me so good here. I've had a ball man, it's been fun. I figured we'd fool some people, you know."

Reacting to Amber's reveal, comedian Mo couldn't believe he'd been fooled; a few weeks before they filmed this episode they were in Los Angeles together and he asked what she had planned while visiting London.

Apparently, the singer brushed him off by feigning album commitments.

"As soon as you started getting the Dreamgirls clues I was like, 'NOOOOOOOO!!!!'" she told Jonathan, who guessed her identity correctly.

"I really tried to pick songs that people would kind of not recognise my voice..."

There you have it, this year's finalists are Rhino, Fawn and Phoenix.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: The Masked Singer UK unveils this year's three finalists...

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:45 am

"Legendary"? :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)