The Masked Singer UK airs a dramatic double elimination as Stephen Mulhern joins the panel

The Masked Singer UK airs a dramatic double elimination as Stephen Mulhern joins the panel

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:54 am

Joel Dommett was back with his bag of gags, too

ImageImage

Two more masked singers exited ITV's smash-hit competition tonight (February 4) ahead of next weekend's semi-final.

Welcoming Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway favourite Stephen Mulhern onto the judging panel, alongside usual suspects Davina McCall, Jonathan Ross, Mo Gilligan and Rita Ora, this was technically the first double elimination of the series (sorry Martin and Shirlie Kemp).

Voted out first by the studio audience was Steps singer Claire Richards, hidden beneath the Knitting costume, while This Country co-creator and star Daisy May Cooper revealed herself as Otter soon after.

"I thought you were just gonna get me from day one, so on the first show when you didn't have a clue I was so chuffed!" beamed Claire as she reflected on her Masked Singer experience.

"I put a lot of thought into [Knitting's northern accent] because I am actually a massive, massive fan of this show. I feel like a fan who's won a competition!

"It's just been amazing, I've loved it."

Asked by presenter Joel Dommett what her kids will be thinking now her cover's been blown, the popstar laughed over her son potentially being "a little bit mortified".

After guessing Daisy's identity correctly, judge Mo told her: "You know what it was with you Daisy... you can tell you was a comedic actor because you're so physical, but you're a really good singer though!"

The former Taskmaster contestant went on to tell Joel: "Aw, I've loved it. I mean, I'm exhausted and absolutely relieved, but I've loved every single second of it.

"I did this for my daughter Pip, who's a massive fan of the show, and because I needed the cash!" she joked, doubling over in hysterics.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)