Bruno Tonioli replaces David Walliams on Britain's Got Talent...

Bruno Tonioli replaces David Walliams on Britain's Got Talent...

Postby dutchman » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:33 pm

"I am thrilled to be here"

Britain's Got Talent has revealed their new judging line-up.

Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden and Alesha Dixon are all returning to the panel, but David Walliams isn't coming back. Instead he has been replaced by former Strictly Come Dancing judge Bruno Tonioli.

The news was revealed by hosts Ant and Dec at the taping of the first live auditions at London's Palladium.

A video from an audience member, posted on social media, saw the hosts say: "Please give a huge London Palladium welcome to the four judges for this afternoon: They are Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and Bruno Tonioli!"

"Can we say a massive welcome to Bruno," Ant added, with Bruno declaring: "Thank you very much. I am thrilled to be here."

He continued that he's been wanting to work with Simon for a long time.

"He's teased me with this for years," Bruno said. "Years and years and years, and I tell you, honestly, I'm thrilled to be here."

Bruno was previously a Strictly judge from the show's start until 2021 when there were too many travel clashes with his role on Dancing With The Stars. He was replaced by pro dancer Anton Du Beke.

Walliams recently stepped down from the show after making explicit remarks about contestants. In leaked transcripts obtained by The Guardian, the former Little Britain comedian was reportedly recorded making derogatory and sexually explicit comments about contestants while filming the ITV show in 2020.

"I would like to apologise to the people I made disrespectful comments about during breaks in filming for Britain’s Got Talent in 2020," he later said in an apology. "These were private conversations and – like most conversations with friends – were never intended to be shared. Nevertheless, I am sorry."

Britain's Got Talent will air on ITV later this year.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Bruno Tonioli replaces David Walliams on Britain's Got Talent...

Postby dutchman » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:34 pm

So much for the Daily Mail's claim that he was returning to Strictly! :clown:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)