The Masked Singer UK unveils another famous face...

The Masked Singer UK unveils another famous face...

Postby dutchman » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:33 am

He snookered the judges

Joel Dommett and his band of mystery masked singers returned to ITV tonight (January 21) for another round of the musical guessing game.

Now in Week 4 of the competition, as ever it was on Jonathan Ross, Mo Gilligan, Rita Ora and Davina McCall to try to identify each of the performers, with one of them being sent home at the end of the episode.

Stepping out from beneath the bonkers Rubbish costume was seven-time snooker world champion Stephen Hendry this time, with Jonathan agonisingly close through his suggestion of fellow Crucible icon Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Asked by Davina why he'd decided to join this year's Masked Singer UK cast, the Scotsman explained: "I love the show and it's way out of my comfort zone so I thought why not, let's give it a go!"

Remaining on stage ahead of his final rendition of Kaiser Chiefs banger 'Ruby', Hendry went on to confirm that he'd picked the Rubbish get-up himself when given the option.

"D'ya know why? Because I thought, 'I'm not gonna be able to dance very much in this..." he admitted to a load of laughs.

Meanwhile, previously eliminated star Martin Kemp broke his silence on the judges' critiques this week.

"I've never thought of myself as a singer, but I love doing it because when you sing at the top of your lungs you get this incredible endorphin push," he said.

"That's why people sing at football, sing in church, because you feel so great doing it, and that's what I experienced. And I promise you guys, so many people out there say, 'I never sing because I can't', just do it, be it on your own or whatever, sort out what key you can sing in and sing along to your records because it makes you feel great!"

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)