The Masked Singer UK makes show history with latest elimination

The Masked Singer UK makes show history with latest elimination

Postby dutchman » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:33 am

Mo Gilligan was right on their tails

ITV's premier competition The Masked Singer resumed tonight (January 14), which meant a third celebrity had to reveal themselves.

Presented by Joel Dommett and panelled by judges Mo Gilligan, Davina McCall, Jonathan Ross and Rita Ora, the latest episode saw the show's first-ever duo eliminated.

Stepping out of their crazy costumes, it was none other than couple Martin and Shirlie Kemp; the former most famous for his time in the band Spandau Ballet, while his wife sang with both Wham! and The Style Council.

"That is the best ever!" screamed Davina upon their unmasking, with Jonathan claiming he "got pretty close" with his guesses throughout the evening.

For the record, he'd narrowed it down to EastEnders stars Adam Woodyatt and Maisie Smith, therefore Martin's connection to the soap (he played Steve Owen for four years) prompted him to feel this way.

"I wrote it literally right here, and I wrote Celebrity Gogglebox... I'm so annoyed!" added comedian Mo, before asking if their son Roman Kemp knew they'd be performing on The Masked Singer.

"No, this is gonna embarrass him! Most people say they're doing it for their kids..." smiled Shirlie, with her husband chipping in: "We're doing it just to embarrass him!"

Quizzed about their enjoyment of the journey, Shirlie went on to share with Joel: "It's been amazing! I've never done anything so nerve-wracking in my life."

"Oh you did so well!" replied Rita, "You sang beautifully, by the way."

Who will it be next week?

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)