Strictly announces 11th celebrity to leave show...

Strictly announces 11th celebrity to leave show...

Postby dutchman » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:30 pm

Who is missing out on the Grand Finale?

Strictly Come Dancing has announced the next celebrity to leave the show – narrowly missing a place in the Grand Finale.

It was Coronation Street star Will Mellor who lost his chance to win the Glitterball.

Will was in the dance-off alongside singer Fleur East after finding himself at the bottom of the leaderboard.

With all couples performing two routines on Sunday night’s (December 11) live show, each picked their favourite to perform again.

Fleur and pro partner Vito Coppola opted for their Charleston to Tu Vuo’ Fa L’Americano by Fiorello, while Will and Nancy Xu picked their Couples’ Choice to a 90s Manchester-inspired medley.

The judges were split on who to save, with Craig Revel Horwood and Motsi Mabuse both saving Fleur and Vito.

However Anton Du Beke decided to save Will and Nancy, meaning the decision was left to head judge Shirley Ballas.

"My fellow judges have decided that they don’t agree, so I have made lots of notes here, both couples were outstanding and not only today, but through the series," she said.

"I have loved both of them, this is by far, even for me Craig, the most difficult decision I feel I have had to make. Based on micro details, I have decided to save Fleur and Vito."

It means Fleur is now through to next week’s final, alongside Helen Skelton, Hamza Yassin and Molly Rainford.

Speaking of his exit, Will said: "I have to thank you all for giving me this chance to put a smile on my mum's face, she deserves it.

"I’ll take whatever I have learnt from this show forward in whatever I do because it shows you can achieve more than you think.

"I didn’t think I’d be able to get anywhere near this and I am so proud of what we have achieved, but also everybody who has voted for me, who has supported me, the messages I’ve had from my local community and children.

"Thank you all so much, we really, really appreciated every bit."

Nancy added: "I want to thank everyone who works on the show, it’s an incredible show, I’ve had such an amazing journey.

"The support from the whole team is just phenomenal. I’m proud of the partnership, we’ve had such an amazing journey together.

"I really wish I could make more memories with you and your family."

Strictly Come Dancing's final airs on Saturday (December 17) at 7.05pm on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)