Strictly Come Dancing moves to Friday following World Cup schedule changes

Strictly Come Dancing moves to Friday following World Cup schedule changes

Postby dutchman » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:08 am

Keep dancing, unless the football is on...

Strictly Come Dancing's quarter-final is moving to a Friday due to schedule changes as a result of the first ever winter FIFA World Cup.

The Musicals Week episode of Strictly, which was originally scheduled to air on Saturday, December 3, is now set to be broadcast on BBC One at 8pm on Friday, December 2.

Moving the fan favourite Musicals Week episode to the Friday, the BBC makes way for one of the 2022 FIFA World Cup matches to air at 7pm on Saturday, December 3 in its place (via Radio Times).

Friday's musical-inspired numbers will be a live show, but as of writing, a new slot for Sunday's results show is yet to be announced.

Taking place from November 20 to December 18, the 2022 FIFA World Cup has already resulted in scheduling disruptions to multiple soaps including EastEnders, Coronation Street and Emmerdale.

In other football and Strictly news, former professional footballer Tony Adams, who was partnered with professional dancer Katya Jones, recently reacted to his Strictly exit calling the show "bizarre".

"It's a bizarre show. We're all different age groups and we're all different standards," Adams explained. "I really listened to Shirley; the week before she was very complimentary and has always been constructive with her criticism. I've fallen in love with her; she's my favourite."

Discussing his withdrawal from the show, Tony said: "It's been getting tough the last couple of weeks. I had a bit of a hamstring issue last week and danced. Then on Thursday in practice, I pointed my toe down and hurt it again. I didn't practise on Friday, then on Saturday the BBC gave me the choice, but I wanted to do it because my mother-in-law was at the live show."

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)