Strictly Come Dancing announces seventh celebrity exit as they withdraw from show

Strictly Come Dancing announces seventh celebrity exit as they withdraw from show

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:17 pm

"There will be no dance-off tonight"

Strictly Come Dancing saw its seventh celebrity exit the show this series as Tony Adams withdrew from the competition.

Ex-footballer Adams and his professional dancing partner Katya Jones were in the bottom two and faced a dance-off with DJ Tyler West and Dianne Buswell.

However, Adams was forced to withdraw from the show altogether after an injury sustained on Saturday, meaning the dance-off was scrapped altogether.

Daly explained: “Due to an injury sustained on Saturday night, Tony is unable to take part in the dance-off and has decided to withdraw from the competition. This means there will be no dance-off tonight and Tyler and Dianne are through to Blackpool.”

The judges were full of compliments for Adams, who has become a popular figure on and off the dancefloor in this year's competition. Head judge Shirley Ballas applauded Adams for giving "100% of [his] heart" on the show.

"You have grown week after week after week, you have become one of the nation’s favourite entertainers," Ballas said.

"On behalf of the judges, we’ve enjoyed watching every second, you are truly what this show is all about, and we can only wish you the very best as you move forward. Please carry on dancing, carry on entertaining people, because you are a star. Well done.”

Adams used the opportunity to speak about mental health issues and encouraged people to come forward and open up if they are struggling rather than suffering in silence.

"Little did I know that I was going to learn a lot about myself in the process. I thought this ‘journey’ rubbish was nonsense, but my god the rollercoaster of emotion," Adams said.

"I’ve got to be honest, it’s tough, physically it’s really tough out there, but dancing is really fantastic for you. Go out there and enjoy it and pick up new skills and explore. I suppose I had better mention this one [Katya] hadn’t I, she is an exceptional human being, she really is.”

Jones was full of praise for her dance partner and said she is "grateful" to have been partnered with the ex-Arsenal captain.

"You have come here with a message, you led by example, and put yourself out there, and showed everyone you can do anything. And everyone deserves love and to be loved! I love you," Jones said.

The remaining eight couples will venture to the Blackpool Tower next week for the show's annual Blackpool episode. However, this isn't quite the end of Adams' journey. He and Jones will be on Strictly It Takes Two on Monday 14th November at 6:30pm for their first televised interview since their Strictly exit.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)