The Voice UK unveils this year's champion...

The Voice UK unveils this year's champion...

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:52 pm

Whose life just changed forever?

The Voice UK aired its grand final on ITV tonight (October 29).

After weeks and weeks of gathering momentum, singers Mark, Naomi, Anthonia and David were the last four remaining in the competition, coached by Sir Tom Jones, Anne-Marie, will.i.am and Olly Murs.

Left to face David in the second phase of the programme, presenter Emma Willis announced that Anthonia (coached by Sir Tom) was this series' winner, taking home a record deal in the process.

Reacting to his defeat with great humility, David said on stage: "I've had the most incredible time and I honestly want to say I am so gassed that Anthonia has won this!

"I'm so thankful to Olly – you are incredible, thank you so much, and last but not least I want to thank my mum; my brother; my auntie, I love you! We did it!"

Cutting over to the champ, Emma asked what was going on in Anthonia's head following that life-changing result.

"This has been one of the best journeys I've ever been on," she smiled.

"I've become the person I've always wanted to be; working hard and just really sharing messages through song, and the fact that it connected with you all is just my dream.

"Sir Tom... the coolest guy! The coolest. Thank you, and yeah, my family..." continued Anthonia before being overwhelmed by tears.

Elsewhere in the show, King of The Voice UK 2021 Craig Eddie performed his brand-new single 'The Outside' for the studio crowd, with former coach Anne-Marie describing his return to the stage as "delicious".

The Voice UK returns to ITV next year, but first it'll be The Voice Kids.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)