Strictly Come Dancing announces fourth celebrity eliminated in surprise dance-off

Strictly Come Dancing announces fourth celebrity eliminated in surprise dance-off

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:49 pm

"Both were absolutely superb in the dance-off"

Strictly Come Dancing announced the fourth celebrity to be eliminated from this year's series after a surprise dance-off between Jayde Adams and Molly Rainford.

Celebrating 100 years of the BBC, Mollie and her dance partner Carlos Gu performed their couples choice routine again to the Grange Hill theme tune. Then Jayde and her partner Karen Hauer performed their Charleston to The Ballad Of Barry and Freda (Let’s Do It) in a bid to impress the judges and remain in the competition.

Despite heaping praise on both couples, the four judges, Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse, Anton Du Beke and Shirley Ballas, all voted to save Mollie and Carlos.

"Well, it’s terrible really. The dance-off is such a difficult place to find yourself, and it’s so disappointing and I thought both couples didn’t succumb to that disappointment and performed really really well," Anton said.

"Both were absolutely superb in the dance-off," Shirley added.

When asked about her time on the show by host Tess Daly, Jayde said it was the "best thing" she's ever done in her life, before lauding praise on Karen.

"I will carry it to my grave, and it has been an absolute pleasure working with you [Karen] and learning about so much that will go into my own stuff, in my own work. You are one of the most gifted people I have ever worked with." Jayde said.

"And everyone on this show said it to me, when I had you, they said 'you've got the best one', and I did and you are fantastic and this has been such an honour. Not only have I got to be on Strictly Come Dancing but I got to have Karen Hauer, you are amazing, thank you for everything!"

Karen, in return, said that it was a "roller coaster" of emotions, before thanking Jayde for being her partner this year. There are now 11 couples left in the competition who will take to the dancefloor next week for the Halloween special.

Meanwhile, Jayde and Karen will appear on Strictly It Takes Two tomorrow (October 24).

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)