Strictly Come Dancing announces third celebrity elimination...

Strictly Come Dancing announces third celebrity elimination...

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:50 pm

It was the last dance for one couple

The fourth week of Strictly Come Dancing was electrifying, with Hamza Yassin scoring the highest mark of the series so far with 39 for his joyous Salsa.

Tyler West continued his good form, securing a further two 10s for his garage-infused Couple’s Choice dance. Fleur East, fresh from surviving last week’s dance-off, made the most of her reprieve, scoring 38 for a sublime Argentine Tango.

As always, it was the last dance for one couple, with Sunday’s dreaded dance-off consisting of two couples who have the fewest public votes.

This week’s (October 16) eliminator saw Matt Goss and Kym Marsh in the bottom two; Matt, who is partnered with Nadiya, was bottom of the leaderboard with 20 for his Jive. Kym, who is paired with Graziano, was in the middle of the pack on the night, scoring a creditable 31 for her Samba.

After both couples attempted to sway the judges one last time, it was Matt and Nadiya who departed with the show, with Kym and Graziano securing the vote from all four judges.

They all concurred that Matt gave his best performance in the dance off but concluded that Kym had the greater “technical quality.”

When asked by host Tess Daly about his time on the show, Matt said: “It’s an extraordinary experience, I have been in America for 25 years. Thank you judges for your candour; you’ve helped me in many ways.

“My posture – Anton, I am more aware of it. This lovely lady [Nadiya] beside me, a world champion with all the patience. I am very honoured to have danced with you, and everyone who is still in, I love you guys, go smash it guys.”

Nadiya was then asked if she had any words for her partner, before saying: “First I’m so grateful that I got to teach and dance with a music icon.

“But, more important than this, I got the privilege to get to know Matt, for who you really are. Not many people know you and you’re a beautiful soul, very kind human and a real gentleman.”

Strictly Come Dancing airs on Saturdays and Sundays on BBC One, while spin-off show Strictly: It Takes Two airs on weeknights on BBC Two. Both shows also stream on BBC iPlayer.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)