Dancing on Ice completes 2023 line-up with 11th celebrity

Dancing on Ice completes 2023 line-up with 11th celebrity

Postby dutchman » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:53 pm

"I'm very excited!"

Dancing on Ice has officially completed its star-studded line-up for the upcoming 2023 series.

The ITV show confirmed The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran as the eleventh celebrity taking to the ice in the new year.

The singer announced the news on Tuesday’s (October 11) episode of Good Morning Britain, sharing his eagerness to get started.

"I’m very excited," Kaneswaran remarked, before admitting he has some nerves about competing on the skating show.

"I’m trying to be positive and not be in a fearful mindset," he explained. "I’m looking forward to meeting all the cast. I want to learn how to skate and make my family proud of me and put on a show for everyone to see and hopefully not make a fool of myself!"

This comes shortly after it was announced Liberty X singer Michelle Heaton would be strapping on her skates for the competition.

"I’m so excited – I can’t believe it," she said, during an interview on Lorraine. "Me and the kids are such huge fans of the show in general."

Several reality show stars will also be battling it out in the rink, including Love Island Aftersun presenter Darren Harriott and recent winner Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu, The Only Way Is Essex star Joey Essex and RuPaul's Drag Race UK series 1 winner The Vivienne.

Some soap stars are also in the 2023 line-up with both Coronation Street's Mollie Gallagher and former EastEnders actress Patsy Palmer competing.

Plus, from the world of sport, Olympic gymnast Nile Wilson and football veteran John Fashanu will be showing off their moves on the ice.

The show is set to return to screens in the new year with skating legends Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean back as judges alongside Diversity dancer Ashley Banjo and former Strictly Come Dancing professional Oti Mabuse.

Dancing on Ice premieres on ITV and ITVX early next year.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)