Dancing on Ice adds West End and former Hollyoaks star to 2023 line-up

Dancing on Ice adds West End and former Hollyoaks star to 2023 line-up

Postby dutchman » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:15 am

"I'm terrified but can't wait"

Dancing on Ice has announced the ninth celebrity taking part in the new series of the skating competition airing next year – Carley Stenson.

The actress is best known for playing Steph Cunningham/Roach on Hollyoaks from 2000 to 2011, as well as a recurring role in Doctors last year as Harriet Shelton.

Speaking of her involvement in the show, the West End star said in a statement: "I'm so excited that I get to learn how to dance... on ice! I'm terrified but can't wait – I just want to make the most of this whole experience."

Stenson may hope to follow in the successful dancing footsteps of her partner Danny Mac, who was runner up in the 2016 series of Strictly Come Dancing with professional partner Oti Mabuse – who is incidentally now a judge on Dancing on Ice.

Last year, the couple welcomed their first child together, a daughter named Skye Bella, who they shared with the world on Father's Day.

Meanwhile, Stenson joins Love Island Aftersun presenter Darren Harriott and recent winner Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu, The Only Way is Essex star Joey Essex and RuPaul's Drag Race UK series 1 winner The Vivienne on the ice, alongside former EastEnders actress Patsy Palmer, Coronation Street's Mollie Gallagher, olympic gymnast Nile Wilson, and football veteran John Fashanu.

One person who won't be seen on the ice any time soon though is recent Love Island winner Davide Sanclimenti, who said that his schedule is currently too busy to commit to such an endeavour and put all his energy into it. However, he will be there to support partner Ekin-Su.

"They wanted me to do Dancing on Ice this year but I refused this time around. I have so much going on and I can't commit to something every day and when I do something I want to do it properly. Right now I just can't focus on something like that, for the moment anyway, but in the future maybe I will."

Dancing on Ice airs on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)