Great British Bake Off reveals second baker eliminated from 2022 series

Great British Bake Off reveals second baker eliminated from 2022 series

Postby dutchman » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:39 am

Who's gone home this week?

The Great British Bake Off is back and in full swing after last week's debut episode.

After saying goodbye to Will last week, hosts Noel Fielding and Matt Lucas and judges Prue Leith and Paul Hollywood waved off another contestant this week – Maisam.

Tonight's episode (September 20) began with a signature bake where the bakers had to create some deliciously quirky macaroons.

From carrot-shaped sweets to baked goods being filled with tofu, the first challenge allowed this year's batch of contestants to show off their creative side.

For the second technical challenge of the series, the bakers had to rustle up some tasty biscuits.

Numerous contestants initially struggled, especially Maxy, who had to start over after getting her ingredients mixed up.

But she wasn't the only one, with Janusz accidentally making 24 rather than the requested 12.

In the end, Abdul found himself settling for 12th place after failing to cook his biscuits for the right amount of time.

However, Sandro, James and Rebs ended up pleasing the judges and finishing in the top three.

For the final showstopper challenge, bakers were required to make masks out of... biscuits, and crucially, it had to stand up right at the end of the bake.

The first Star Baker of the series went to Maxy, who said: "I can't believe I got Star Baker, I didn't think I'd even get onto the show!"

Finally, we said goodbye to Maisam after she failed to impress judges with an over-baked showstopper.

"This isn't the end of my baking journey, it's just the start," she declared.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)