The Masked Dancer eliminates its third celebrity contestant...

The Masked Dancer eliminates its third celebrity contestant...

Postby dutchman » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:53 am

Take it off! Take it off!

The Masked Dancer resumed on ITV tonight (September 17), which meant a third secret celebrity was unmasked infront of the nation.

Five characters performed their routines: Scissors (up first), Prawn Cocktail, Pillar & Post, Odd Socks and Candlestick, but the competition was over for one of them as judging panel Peter Crouch, Davina McCall, Oti Mabuse and Jonathan Ross sent them packing.

Beneath the "unnerving" prawn head popped out Stacey Dooley, documentarian and 2018 Strictly Come Dancing champion.

After the applause from presenter Joel Dommett, the judges, and the studio crowd died down, she said: "You know, I had the time of my life. I loved it, I loved it! I just wanted to pretend to be like a daft, drunk, annoying aunt.

"It's been a scream, it's been a total, total scream. Really enjoyed it. Thank you so much for being really lovely."

Quizzed by Oti (who along with Jonathan correctly guessed her identity) about her choice of costume, the star revealed: "I wanted to be something really daft, I didn't want to be anything sexy or girly.

"It was funny, because I said, 'Why don't I be something gross like a bin or a prawn?' So it's perfect!"

As you would, Joel asked if her partner Kevin Clifton (an ex-Strictly pro) helped her rehearse those weekly routines for The Masked Dancer.

"Nah... he won't dance unless he's being paid," Stacey smiled.

Who'll be revealed next? Earlier this month, Joel teased some massive international names, sharing: "I was really starstruck by people. It was really amazing and the fact that they're there... and I'm interviewing them, it's very weird!"

The Masked Singer and The Masked Dancer air on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)