Great British Bake Off reveals first baker eliminated from 2022 series

Great British Bake Off reveals first baker eliminated from 2022 series

Postby dutchman » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:35 pm

"On your marks, get set, bake!"

The Great British Bake Off is back with 12 new contestants marking the end of the summer and the return to cosy autumn nights in.

The new series got off to a typically charming and bizarre start with a Star Wars skit from presenters Noel Fielding and Matt Lucas and judges Prue Leith and Paul Hollywood, but sadly, we've already said goodbye to one contestant – Will.

Tonight's episode (September 13) began with a signature bake where the bakers had to create 12 identical mini sandwich cakes.

Will, who struggled with his buttercream during the challenge, was told his cakes were "disappointing" by Prue.

Meanwhile, Sandro impressed judges with his flavours and presentation, Abdul's cactus cakes received praise from the judges, and Prue called Janusz' boozy cherry cakes "perfect".

For the first technical challenge of the series, the bakers had to bake a six-layer red velvet cake.

Cardiovascular researcher and gamer Syabira ranked first, receiving a "that's fantastic" from Paul, while full-time nanny Sandro came in second place.

Nuclear scientist James failed to impress the judges with his red velvet cake and ranked last.

For the final showstopper challenge, bakers were required to recreate a miniature 3D replica of a home that they have lived in – out of cake, of course.

The first Star Baker of the series went to Janusz, who said: "Winning Star Baker on the cake week means everything to me."

Finally, we said goodbye to Will after he failed to impress judges with an over-baked showstopper.

"Obviously I'm disappointed, but I'm proud to have made it," admitted Will.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)