Channel 4 confirms Great British Bake Off premiere date after Queen's death

Channel 4 confirms Great British Bake Off premiere date after Queen's death

Postby dutchman » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:09 pm

Bake Off's schedule is staying the same

The Great British Bake Off has announced that it plans to air the 2022 series premiere as scheduled.

Channel 4 tweeted that the show will still return on Tuesday, September 13 at 8pm, confirming the news following a number of schedule changes across all broadcasters following the Queen's death on Thursday (September 8).

Following the Queen's death, naturally, TV schedules are changing to accommodate specials about her life, as well as extended news specials – and will continue to change throughout the period of national mourning.

Most primetime programming is beginning to resume, with soaps being rescheduled and primetime shows like The Voice UK and The Masked Dancer starting to air again.

The series premiere of Gogglebox also aired as planned on Channel 4 on Friday night (September 9), with the broadcaster sharing its aim of "bringing a valuable sense of continuity for many of our viewers".

Channel 4 has also incorporated extended news coverage into its schedule over recent days, and continues to do so.

So, in only a few days, we'll meet a whole new lineup of 12 novice bakers, all competing to be crowned the Ultimate Star Baker, just like Giuseppe Dell'Anno did last year after beating Crystelle Pereira and Chigs Parmar in the final.

Judges Prue Leith and Paul Hollywood are returning, as are hosts Noel Fielding and Matt Lucas, who all took a fun selfie together recently to reveal the premiere date.

Paul's been trying to cause drama recently between Prue and former judge Mary Berry by pitting their Victoria Sponge-making techniques – whether you use the creaming method or just chuck it all in – against each other.

He remained on the fence at first, adding: "In my book I use the creaming method but, to be honest if I'm making one at home, I just chuck it all in."

Then Prue explained: "I always think the all-in-one method is Mary Berry's method. I'd like to do a scientific test. I think the all-in-one method is a little heavier, a little more solid..."

Paul then couldn't resist the chance to stir up some drama as he began chanting: "Mary hates Prue! Mary hates Prue!"

However, Prue had the last laugh when she admitted she picks up Mary's cookbooks more than his.

The Great British Bake Off airs on Channel 4 in the UK. In the US, it's known as The Great British Baking Show and streams on Netflix.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)