Changing rooms gives two Bedworth homes exotic makeover - and one is now bright blue

Changing rooms gives two Bedworth homes exotic makeover - and one is now bright blue

Postby dutchman » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:24 pm

Both couples said they were delighted with the intriguing results

Changing Rooms' designer Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen said 'Bedworth deserves to be exotic' when the Channel 4 show made over the homes of two families from the town.

Science teachers Ann and Kevin swapped keys with their daughter Hannah and her husband Chris during the episode, which aired at 8pm last night, Wednesday August 17.

Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen and fellow designer Micaela Sharp were filmed in a car travelling to Bedworth and the flamboyant TV personality spoke about what he wanted to achieve.

"I am going to be bringing to Bedworth a far horizon, with this wonderful blue sky, I am feeling exotic, look at Bedworth, I think it deserves it," he said.

The pair spoke about the areas in Bedworth, including Robinson Road, where the families lived- and Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen said their design was 'trendy'.

Micaela Sharp said: "I am always amazed with streets like this how everyone manages to differentiate their houses still," she said

"The tiniest tweak can make a huge difference."

Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen said: "It is all about taking a sense of pride, and expressing that, and you can really tell this has got a bit of community spirit to them."

Hannah and Chris' home is a classic 1960s home: "These houses, they have actually become quite trendy to the extent that house builders are reviving that style.

"For a lot of people, they look at that quite affectionately as mid-century modern."

The designer helped Hannah and Chris transform her parents converted garage at their 1920s home into a 'cabinet of curiosity' - using bright blue colours and interesting with deep storage units disguised as curved cases.

Over at Chris and Hannah's home, Micaela Sharp was tasked with helping Ann and Kevin transform a dual use room - used by both Chris' daughter Arabella and also by the couple as an office.

She created a 'layered colourful' design for the room including putting wallpaper on the ceiling.

The two teams were given two days to make the transformations and both couples were left stunned with the final look of their rooms when they were revealed.

When Hannah and Chris saw the transformed bedroom and office room, they both said: "Wow."

Hannah went on: "Oh my god it is amazing', I love it."

"We took on this project as we wanted to say thank you to mum and dad because they always do so much for us but I think, after it, we are more in their debt because they hit the nail on the head so much, they have worked so hard, we are beyond grateful. We are so lucky to have them."

After the reveal of their 'cabinet of curiosities' room, Kevin and Ann could not believe their eyes.

"That is amazing," Kevin said.

Reacting to the stencilling in the room as well as the hidden storage in the cases, Ann said: "That is fantastic."

"We love it, it is so amazing, it is so clever. We would have never ever been able to do this."

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)