Strictly Come Dancing completes line-up with 15th contestant

Strictly Come Dancing completes line-up with 15th contestant

Postby dutchman » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:04 pm

All the stars taking part in the 20th series!

Strictly Come Dancing's line-up for 2022 is now complete!

The show announced the 15th contestant taking part when the dancing competition returns in the Autumn will be TV and radio broadcaster Helen Skelton.

Speaking of donning dancing shoes in a bid to win the coveted glitterball trophy, she said: "I'm really excited to get stuck into a fun adventure. My family and friends have always loved the show and can't wait for me to get started."

Starting out in children's television on Blue Peter, Strictly fans may recognise Skelton for presenting numerous sporting events coverage on television, as well as Countryfile.

Opening up on joining the show on today's BBC Radio 2 with Claudia Winkleman, Skelton said: "I literally only said yes the other day... I did the Christmas one years and years ago and the hair, makeup and costumers were incredible. Who gets to go to work and be made to look a bit like Beyoncé and have a fun time? So I just thought: 'This is madness to not do it, of course I should do it, it'll be so much fun."

Also announced yesterday was EastEnders star James Bye, who shared his excitement at taking part in the show.

"I'm not known for my shimmy or my twinkle toes – in fact my kids regularly laugh at my dad dancing but it's an honour to be asked and I'm going to give it my best shot," he said. "There are some huge dance shoes to fill and it's truly exciting to follow in the footsteps of some amazing EastEnders talent. I'd love to do everyone proud."

The complete line-up also consists of Animal Park presenter Hamza Yassin, X Factor star Fleur East, football legend Tony Adams, CBBC star Molly Rainford, Ted Lasso star Ellie Taylor and Coronation Street's Will Mellor and Kym Marsh.

They join BBC Radio 2 star Richie Anderson, Loose Women presenter Kaye Adams, KISS FM radio DJ Tyler West, comedian Jayde Adams, Paralympian Ellie Simmonds and Bros star Matt Goss.

Strictly Come Dancing airs on BBC One and will return in September.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)