Strictly Come Dancing announces EastEnders star as 14th contestant

Strictly Come Dancing announces EastEnders star as 14th contestant

Postby dutchman » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:13 pm

The 2022 line-up continues to grow!

The line-up for Strictly Come Dancing 2022 has a brand new addition.

EastEnders star James Bye has been announced to be trying out his moves on the dance floor.

"I’m not known for my shimmy or my twinkle toes – in fact my kids regularly laugh at my dad dancing but it’s an honour to be asked and I’m going to give it my best shot," he said.

"There are some huge dance shoes to fill and it’s truly exciting to follow in the footsteps of some amazing EastEnders talent. I’d love to do everyone proud."

James joined EastEnders in 2014, taking over the role of Martin Fowler previously played James Alexandrou.

The dad-of-three has since been nominated for several British Soap awards, winning one for Best Storyline in 2016.

The announcement came one day after Animal Park presenter Hamza Yassin was also confirmed for the show, with him saying: "I am absolutely over the moon to be joining Strictly 2022.

"Never in a million years did I think I'd be on such a cool show."

He continued: "I've been watching it for years and I can't believe I'll actually be there dancing live in front of the British public.

"My dance skills are currently at the level of '1970s disco vibe' but I’m ready to work hard and will be shaking it every time I get the chance – shake it 'til you make it!"

Also confirmed to be joining the line-up this year are former X Factor star Fleur East, football legend Tony Adams, CBBC star Molly Rainford, Ted Lasso star Ellie Taylor and Coronation Street's Will Mellor and Kym Marsh.

They join BBC Radio 2 star Richie Anderson, Loose Women presenter Kaye Adams, KISS FM radio DJ Tyler West, comedian Jayde Adams, Paralympian Ellie Simmonds and Bros star Matt Goss.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)