Strictly Come Dancing announces 13th star for 2022 series

Strictly Come Dancing announces 13th star for 2022 series

Postby dutchman » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:48 pm

"Never in a million years did I think I'd be on such a cool show"

Strictly Come Dancing has announced the 13th star taking part in the 2022 series.

Hamza Yassin is joining the stars taking to the dancefloor this autumn.

The Animal Park presenter said: "I am absolutely over the moon to be joining Strictly 2022.

"Never in a million years did I think I'd be on such a cool show."

He continued: "I've been watching it for years and I can't believe I'll actually be there dancing live in front of the British public.

"My dance skills are currently at the level of '1970s disco vibe' but I’m ready to work hard and will be shaking it every time I get the chance – shake it 'til you make it!"

Hamza is also a guest presenter on BBC show Countryfile, as well as presenting CBeebies show Let's Go For A Walk, where he's known as Ranger Hamza.

The announcement comes shortly after former X Factor star Fleur East was also revealed to be taking part.

"I'm equally nervous and thrilled to be part of this year's Strictly line up," she said.

"I'm excited to learn new skills and I want to soak up every moment of this magical experience.

"It's such an honour to be on the show after years of watching it with my father who loved it so much. Unfortunately my dad is no longer with us but I know he will be watching over the ballroom in spirit.

"I'm doing this to make him and my family proud and can't wait to get my dancing shoes on!"

Previously announced to be joining the line-up is football legend Tony Adams, CBBC star Molly Rainford, Ted Lasso star Ellie Taylor, Coronation Street's Will Mellor and Kym Marsh, BBC Radio 2 star Richie Anderson, Loose Women presenter Kaye Adams, KISS FM radio DJ Tyler West, comedian Jayde Adams, Paralympian Ellie Simmonds and Bros star Matt Goss.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)