Strictly Come Dancing announces football legend as 11th contestant

Strictly Come Dancing announces football legend as 11th contestant

Postby dutchman » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:30 pm

Yet another star is taking to the dance floor

The Strictly Come Dancing line-up for 2022 has continued to grow.

The latest star set to hit the dance floor is football legend Tony Adams MBE.

Speaking to the BBC about his new adventure, Tony said: "To say I'm excited is an understatement – the lure of the sequins and the call of the salsa has me swapping my battered old football boots for a set of Strictly soft shoes.

"Am absolutely thrilled to be giving it my all on this year's 20th anniversary of Strictly Come Dancing. I can't wait to meet my partner – god help her – and start the dancing."

Tony has a long football career spanning over 20 years, playing for both Arsenal and England. The dad-of-six is often regarded as one of the all-time greats of football, leading England to the Euro 96 semi-finals as captain.

He joins current CBBC star Molly Rainford, who was also announced today (August 10).

"I'm so excited to be part of Strictly Come Dancing. I've watched it for years and can't wait to meet the pros and the others taking part! I can't wait to learn the moves and get dancing!" she said.

Also announced is Ted Lasso star Ellie Taylor, Coronation Street's Will Mellor and Kym Marsh, BBC Radio 2 star Richie Anderson, Loose Women presenter Kaye Adams, KISS FM radio DJ Tyler West, comedian Jayde Adams, Paralympian Ellie Simmonds and Bros star Matt Goss.

This year also sees former pro Anton Du Beke return as a full-time judge, taking over from Bruno Tonioli. He joins Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse and Shirley Ballas on the judging panel.

Strictly Come Dancing airs on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)