Strictly Come Dancing announces Britain's Got Talent star as tenth contestant

Strictly Come Dancing announces Britain's Got Talent star as tenth contestant

Postby dutchman » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:26 pm

"I can't wait to learn the moves and get dancing!"

Strictly Come Dancing has confirmed the latest contestant to join the 2022 line-up.

Following a string of announcements in the last few days, the BBC show has revealed former Britain's Got Talent finalist and current CBBC star Molly Rainford will be part of the upcoming series.

"I'm so excited to be part of Strictly Come Dancing, I've watched it for years and can't wait to meet the pros and the others taking part! I can't wait to learn the moves and get dancing!" she said.

Molly first hit screens on the 2012 series of BGT, where she finished sixth after showcasing her singing talent, and was the show's youngest-ever finalist.

She currently stars in CBBC series Nova Jones, where she plays the titular intergalactic pop star and is due to return for a second series this autumn.

The announcement comes after Ted Lasso star Ellie Taylor was confirmed for Strictly yesterday (August 9), the star saying: "Well, cover me in fake tan and roll me in sequins! I'm absolutely over the moon to be a part of Strictly 2022!

"I've watched the show for years so to be able to take to the dance floor is a dream come true, for both me and mum who is a Strictly superfan! At the moment I'm focusing on the excitement and glitter and choosing to ignore the fact that I have the dancing ability of a newly born giraffe. Bring it on!"

Also taking part this year are Coronation Street's Will Mellor and Kym Marsh, BBC Radio 2 star Richie Anderson, Loose Women presenter Kaye Adams, KISS FM radio DJ Tyler West, comedian Jayde Adams, Paralympian Ellie Simmonds and Bros star Matt Goss.

Strictly Come Dancing airs on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)