Great British Sewing Bee 2022 winner revealed

Great British Sewing Bee 2022 winner revealed

Postby dutchman » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:23 pm

"I cannot believe that I've won that"

The Great British Sewing Bee has crowned its 2022 winner last night (June 29), and it's Annie who emerged victorious.

Britain's newest Best Amateur Sewer, who hails from Surrey, beat out Debra, Man Yee, and Brogan for the title.

Reacting to her win, a shocked Annie said: "That is so weird. Sorry, I'm literally like, 'What's happening?!'

"It literally could have been any of us. Honestly, [I'm] so shocked. I cannot believe that I've won that. I don't know how that happened.

"I've learnt so much. Basically I feel like I've had a crash course and learnt how to sew in the past ten weeks... I'm honestly so shocked but so privileged to have won."

Annie previously talked about how she rediscovered her love of sewing during the COVID-19 pandemic, after her granny Monica taught her how to sew when she was a child.

The final challenge required the contestants to design a red carpet-ready jumpsuit out of luxury fabrics. Annie's impressive strapless jumpsuit, made from a stiff Duchess satin, featured a large bow with a train plus side pockets and sporty stripes.

Annie had also won Garment of the Week in three out of the last four weeks leading up to the final.

This year's series saw Esme Young and Patrick Grant returning as judges, while Sara Pascoe took over as host following comedian Joe Lycett's decision to step down. Joe had presented for three series between 2019 and 2021.

The Great British Sewing Bee is available to catch up on BBC iPlayer.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)