Osbourne in Susan Boyle apology

Osbourne in Susan Boyle apology

Postby dutchman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Sharon Osbourne has said sorry for insulting Britain's Got Talent runner-up Susan Boyle on a US radio station.

Osbourne stated on micro-blogging site Twitter that she wanted to "apologise for getting a cheap laugh" at the Scottish singer's expense.

Earlier this month Osbourne, 57, appeared on Sirius XM Radio where she called Boyle a "lovely lady" who had been hit by "the ugly stick".

The clip, which was posted on YouTube, angered some of Boyle's fans.

'Gracious woman'

Osbourne is seen laughing with presenters Opie and Anthony on their talk show after she said: "You just want to say God bless and here's a Gillette razor."

In her apology, the America's Got Talent judge said: "Susan Boyle is a lovely gracious woman and I took advantage of that by poking fun at her.

"I would never want to be responsible for hurting Susan and I must apologise for getting a cheap laugh at her expense."

In September, Boyle, 47, appeared on the finale of America's Got Talent and performed the Rolling Stones hit Wild Horses.

Her performance received a series of positive reviews and standing ovations from the show's judges, including Osbourne.

The singer shot to fame in April when she appeared on Britain's Got Talent, singing I Dreamed a Dream from the musical Les Miserables.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)