Dancing on Ice names 2022 winner

Dancing on Ice names 2022 winner

Postby dutchman » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:55 pm

Who took the trophy home out of Regan, Brendan and Kimberly?

Dancing on Ice has named the winners of its 2022 series.

Dancer Regan Gascoigne and his professional skating partner Karina Manta won this year's show, after facing competition in the final from Strictly Come Dancing star Brendan Cole with pro partner Vanessa Bauer, and Pussycat Dolls singer Kimberly Wyatt with pro partner Mark Hanretty.

Regan burst into tears as the result was called, as the series' finalists rushed on stage to congratulate him and Karina.

While judges Ashley Banjo, Oti Mabuse, Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean scored the first two routines of the night, those scores were only advisory and viewers alone decided who won.

After a break from the airwaves last week, the skating competition returned for its 14th series finale tonight (March 27), presented by Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield. It also marked a return for Holly after she tested positive for COVID-19 hours before the semi-final two weekends ago, leading to Phillip presenting alone.

Each pair skated twice – a routine specially choreographed for them by Torvill and Dean, followed by their favourite dance from the series. The viewer vote was then frozen, and Kimberly and Mark were eliminated, finishing in third place.

"Thank you so much, this has been such a beautiful experience and I'm so grateful to everyone for what they've done for us," said Kimberly.

The final two pairs then completed a long-standing Dancing on Ice tradition – skating their interpretations of Torvill and Dean's iconic, gold medal-winning 'Boléro' routine from the 1984 Winter Olympics. Kimberly and Mark have also pre-recorded their version, and Holly confirmed that it will air on This Morning on Monday (March 28).

Talking to Digital Spy and others, Brendan said: "I think the fact that we've got a dance background has only improved things on the ice.

"The stuff we've been able to do because of what our background is and the fact that we've pushed each other because we're all in that boat has actually been really special.

"I've loved the push, I've loved the challenge and I've loved creating new stuff that I probably wouldn't have done if they hadn't been there. People are always gonna complain. That's the nature of humans as we exist today."

Kimberly added: "We'll never change their minds."

Dancing on Ice airs on ITV and will return in 2023.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)