Dancing on Ice eliminates sixth celebrity

Dancing on Ice eliminates sixth celebrity

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:38 pm

"I've had the time of my life"

The competition is getting tough now, as a sixth celebrity has been eliminated from Dancing on Ice.

After the group of ice-skaters performed their routines for Props Week, the public voted for Olympian Kye Whyte to compete against Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor in the final skate-off.

Sadly, the judges felt that one pair edged out the other in their skillset and skating enthusiasm, voting unamiously to send Sally and her partner Matt Evers home.

The judges chose to save Kye and his partner Tippy Packard, ending Sally and Matt's chance of winning the coveted Dancing on Ice trophy.

Sally and Matt performed with a beauty salon chair for their Props Week routine before transitioning to a slow and emotional routine to the song 'You've Only Just Begun' for their skate-off performance.

Their competitors Kye and Tippy performed with a school desk for their props routine and later a high-energy routine to the song 'Sanctify' for their skate-off dance.

Both couples have been in the bottom two before, with Sally and Matt being saved by judges last week as they chose to send home musician Bez and his partner Angela Egan instead.

The judges faced a difficult decision, but chose Kye and Tippy based on their skill and confidence. Judge Christopher Dean said: "You've been such a wonderful celebrity to work and we've all enjoyed working with you. But, I have to save Kye and Tippy."

Sally responded: "I've had the time of my life."

Next week (Sunday 6 March), the remaining pairs will be performing routines for Torvill and Dean week. The couples will offer their own take on the routines and styles made famous by Olympic champion judges Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean.

That wasn't the only surprise of the weekend, as judge Oti Mabuse performed on the show for the first time alongside Torvill and Dean themselves, with a fiery routine choreographed by the Strictly alum.

This came after Mabuse announced that she would be leaving her job as a pro dancer on BBC show Strictly Come Dancing after seven years.

Dancing on Ice airs on Sundays at 6pm on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)