Strictly Come Dancing professional Oti Mabuse quits the show

Strictly Come Dancing professional Oti Mabuse quits the show

Postby dutchman » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:33 am

"You are irreplaceable in my heart and have made everyday unforgettable!"

Oti Mabuse has announced she is leaving Strictly Come Dancing after seven years.

The pro dancer shared a montage of pictures with her celebrity partners, as she shared the news on Instagram.

"Never easy to say goodbye," she captioned the post. "I have been part of the most amazing TV show, Strictly Come Dancing for the past seven years and it has been an incredible time.

"Lifting the glitter ball twice and having the best journey with all my celebrities, but also meeting and working with the best team, crew, producers, celebs and incredible professional dancers! You are my family and I adore you all forever.

"Thank you @sarahjamesface @jack.will.g and @jasongilkison for truly believing in me."

She added: "I'm honestly so grateful to The BBC and will always remember that Strictly and BBC brought me to the UK – which I now call home and I have learnt and grown so much. Thank You from the bottom of my heart.

"I can't put in to words how difficult this decision has been, but I have decided not to return for the next series.

"Dance will always be my first love and to everyone, my family especially, friends, Strictly fans and judges who have been my support throughout my Strictly journey, thank you for being incredible!

"You are irreplaceable in my heart and have made everyday unforgettable! I love you.

"I will always Keeeep Dancing! and I will never forget my amazing Strictly experience! Lots of Love Oti xxx"

Oti first appeared on the show in 2015, and went on to scoop the Glitterball twice once with Emmerdale's Kelvin Fletcher, then the following year with comedian Bill Bailey, becoming the first pro dancer to do so with back to back partners.

Recently Oti joined the Dancing On Ice judging panel on ITV, and has also been a judge on The Masked Dancer. She will present a new primetime dating show called Romeo and Duet for ITV, too – which will air later this year.

She is also host of a podcast for BBC Sounds called Oti Mabuse's Dancing Legends, her first solo tour I Am Here starts in April, and her second children's book, a follow-up to Dance with Oti: The Bird Jive titled Dance With Oti: The Lion Samba, is due to be released this summer.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)