Dancing on Ice star Vanessa Bauer to miss this weekend's show

Dancing on Ice star Vanessa Bauer to miss this weekend's show

Postby dutchman » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:10 pm

Brendan Cole will skate with Brendyn Hatfield instead

Dancing on Ice star Vanessa Bauer will miss this weekend's show.

The professional skater, who is partnered with Brendan Cole, tested positive for COVID-19. The ITV show confirmed that Brendyn Hatfield will be performing with Brendan instead for Musicals Week.

"Unfortunately, Vanessa Bauer is unable to skate this weekend after testing positive for COVID-19," a spokesperson said. "We look forward to Vanessa returning to the competition soon.

"Brendan Cole will still perform in this Sunday's show and will be partnered with professional skater Brendyn Hatfield."

Vanessa said: "I'm disappointed that I have tested positive for COVID and won't be able to perform with Brendan for Musicals Week.

"But I am excited that Brendan gets to skate and challenge himself with an incredible fellow pro and friend in Brendyn. I have no doubt they will absolutely smash this on Sunday.

"I'm looking forward to returning to the competition to showcase more creative routines!"

Brendan said he was "absolutely gutted" that Vanessa has been forced to miss this weekend but thanked Brendyn for stepping in and added that he was looking forward to "[creating] something really special" with him.

And Brendyn, who was previously eliminated with Rachel Stevens, said it was an "honour" to be asked by Brendan to step in this weekend.

"I'm looking forward to putting together an exciting routine for this Sunday's show which I'm hoping will impress both the judges and viewers," he added.

Brendan and Brendyn are skating to 'Beggin'' by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, while Vanessa is expected to return once her isolation period is complete.

Meanwhile, Arlene Phillips will be joining as a guest judge for this Sunday.

Liberty Poole and Joe Johnson became the fourth couple to be eliminated last weekend, after finding themselves in the skate-off with Kye Whyte and Tippy Packard.

Dancing on Ice airs on Sundays at 6pm on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)